NOTE: If you are receiving calls from the following number it is NOT our company (647 503 1837). Scroll down to the comments section and you will see a user complained about being harassed by someone from that number just like you probably are. That comment is the only reason our page comes up when you google that phone number. If you want advice on how to deal with these calls please feel free to get in touch.
Facts on Pardons
Contrary to ads like the one appearing here in this post that are routinely appearing on Facebook pardons are NOT being eliminated. The Conservative government did in fact make some changes to the program but the changes took place quite some time ago and there is no new legislation being proposed at the present time.
How did Pardons change?
- The term pardon was replaced with record suspension. However they are the same thing.
- Waiting periods for eligibility were increased from 3 and 5 years to 5 and 10 years.
- A three strikes rule was implemented for anyone with MORE than 3 indictable offences each of which was sentenced to more than 2 years in prison.
- Sexual offences involving minors are no longer eligible for a pardon.
What else do I need to know?
You should know that a company operating under several pseudonyms is falsely promoting the idea that pardons are about to be eliminated. This is a hard sales tactic and it is one that I am actively trying to stop.
What company is doing this?
I am not sure what the parent company is called but some of the following names are associated with these fraudulent ads:
- Federal Pardons and Waiver Services
- Pardons and Waivers Canada
- Federal Pardons
There are many more but it isn’t necessary to list them all.
What can I do?
If you are worried that someone is giving you false information then stop right away. Do not give a credit card number. Research the company in question thoroughly and only sign up with a pardon and waiver service once you are comfortable the company you are dealing with is reputable.
If you have any questions or concerns about fraudulent pardon companies or anything else to do with pardons (record suspensions) feel free to give me a call. I’m happy to chat and I’m always honest.
514.842.2411 x 227