How to get a pardon from outside Canada            

Applying for a pardon (record suspension) from outside of Canada can be difficult. There is an obvious disadvantage of conducting business through the mail from a foreign country. Correspondence will surely be longer, more expensive and tedious. The other more significant factor is that a pardon application begins with a set of fingerprints being certified by the RMCP. This process can only be completed electronically and systems that are able to do this only exist in Canada.

But there is still hope if you want to clear your record and it is not as difficult as you might think to handle the application from a foreign country.

When you hire us to take care of your application that is exactly what we do. Since you are in a foreign country you probably don’t have the time or inclination to follow the various steps of bureaucracy through to completion. This makes sense. Either you are on vacation or working abroad meaning your time is better spent on other things. Or, you were arrested while visiting Canada. If you are not a Canadian citizen the lack of familiarity with our legal and government procedures means you would be wise to let a professional handle your case.

Regarding fingerprinting we are able to handle the certification challenge right here in our office. You simply send us a set of ink prints and we take care of the rest. By scanning your prints into our digital server we can easily send the certification request electronically. It’s as easy as that.

Remember this only applies to people with criminal records from Canada. But if your criminal record is from Canada then it’s a much simpler matter than you might think.


Comments (5)
sanjay mani / October 29, 2015

is this the same company as pardons Canada?

Michael Ashby / November 3, 2015

Hi Sanjay,

No we are the National Pardon Centre. Why do you ask?

Kind regards,


Tony / October 6, 2016

i live outside of Canada (Canadian citizen), been convicted for DUI hit and run small material damage in Quebec. Can we start the process at the 4th year (i will be abroad) in order to receive the suspension as soon as possible, will this suspension erase my police file, record at the police station, fingerprints, etc.? Second, i won t try entering the States before the pardon but will i need i waiver after?
Thank you!

Margaret / September 16, 2019

I will like to know if
My old prints can use
If this is pardons Canada p,ease don’t respond to my email

Michael Ashby / September 23, 2019

Hi Margaret,

I’m not 100% sure what you’re asking here. Feel free to give me a call and I would be happy to go over things with you.

Kind regards,

extension 227


Leave A Comment

Recent Posts

Contact Us